Talk about an old school delight, this recipe is adapted from the 1943 wartime edition- JOY of Cooking’s Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cookies made by justalittleorganic.com
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups crushed Dottie's Toffee
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease or line two cookie sheets.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy and add in the sugars until well blended.
5. Add the egg, salt, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
6. Stir in flour mixture slowly, until well blended and smooth.
7. Stir in Dottie's Toffee.
8. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls about 2in. apart onto cookie sheets and bake one sheet at a time until the cookies are golden on top and brown around edges 8-10 minutes (or longer if you make bigger cookies).
9. Let cool 3-5 minutes, then remove to a rack to let cool.