Dulce de Leche Creme Brulee
4 cups whipping cream
6 tablespoons dulce de leche
1 cup sugar
10 egg yolks
1 cup broken Dottie's Toffee pieces
1. Heat whipping cream and dulce de leche until starting to simmer. Make certain dulce de leche has dissolved.
2. Beat (with whisk) eggs and sugar for about 8 minutes.
3. Slowly add cream to egg mixture and beat to incorporate.
4. Strain and add toffee pieces.
5. Pour into ramekins.
6. Place ramekins in a large pan and add boiling water about half way up sides of ramekins, being careful not to get water in the brulee. Bake at 325 for about 35 minutes ( I find it takes less time in a convection oven). Cover pans during cooking to prevent over-cooking if necessary.
7. Brulees should be firm on the edges and slightly giggly in the middle.
8. After cooling slightly, remove ramekins from large pan, again being careful not to get water in the brulees.
9. Refrigerate until chilled and set. Additional toffee pieces can be added to the top before serving.