Dark Chocolate Pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Pinch of salt
2-1/4 cups evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and whisk several tablespoons of hot mixture at a time into beaten eggs.
4. Return to heat, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and whisk for about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
6. Pipe or spoon into glass sherbert or dessert glasses. Chill.
7. At serving time, pipe some whipping cream or topping onto chocolate pudding.
8. Sprinkle with broken or crushed Dottie's Toffee pieces.