1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 cup cornstarch
1-2/3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 cup Dottie's Toffee crumbs
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and butter pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and salt together.
3. Fold in flour and cornstarch, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Fold in toffee pieces and blend well.
5. Enclose dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up.
On floured surface, roll out dough in small amounts (about 1 cup). Roll to 1/3in thickness. Cut with assorted cookie cutters or simply cut into strips, about 1in x 2-1/2in.
Bake until pale yellow. Pierce with fork to allow steam to escape. Cool and remove carefully from foil. Can be dipped in melted chocolate or left plain. Store in air tight container (if not eaten immediately).
Handle with care as cookies are fragile.