1 stick butter, softened
1 cup crisco
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla, add to milk
1 teaspoon flavoring of your choice, add to milk
1-1/4 cup Dottie's Toffee, broken into small pieces
1. Sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, mix butter and Crisco until well beaten.
3. Mix in sugar and until light.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating until mixed in.
5. Starting with flour mixture, beat in one cup at a time, then add 1/2 cup milk, another cup of flour, remaining 1/2 cup of milk, and ending with remaining flour.
6. Add in toffee pieces which have been dusted with flour to help mix toffee into batter.
Bake in a bundt pan in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out with dry crumbs. Cool in baking pan for 10 minutes before removing. Garnish with additional pieces of toffee when serving.