2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1-3/4 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 cup Dottie's Toffee crumbs
1 cup nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 9 x 13in baking pan with parchment paper and butter lightly.
3. Beat butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
5. Add vanilla and eggs, beating until well incorporated.
6. Beat in flour mixture (flour, baking powder, and salt, which has been sifted together).
7. Stir in Dottie's Toffee crumbs or pieces, and nuts, if using.
Spread into prepared pan and level with spatula. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in pan.